How to reach Greece?
1. A. Landing in Athens airport, www.aia.gr Visit www.skyscanner.net or www.quick-flight.com for further information.
(Please, note that you need to land in Athens up to 16.00 hrs to catch the usually last ferry from Piraeus to Paros, around 19.00 hrs.)
1. B. Landing in Santorini airport (please, make sure that you land by 11.00 hrs, then you'll be sure to catch a fast ferry for Paros the same day; sometimes there is also a ferry around 17.50 hrs from Santorini, but not every day), or landing in Mykonos airport (usually there are daily boats but if there is no way around, you should stay for the night on Mykonos, so check the ferries schedule).
1. C. Landing in Crete: a super fast ferry usually sails daily at 09:30 from Heraklion to Santorini, Ios, Paros, Mykonos, return.
(Timetables and information on Erkyna Travel, YEN Info)
2. Travel by ferry from Italy (Venice, Ancona, Bari, Brindisi) to Patras. Please see the latest timetables of all ferries between Greece and Italy YEN Info for further information. The coaches depart shortly after the ferry arrives in Patras to Piraeus.
(Travel by your car have a look at www.multimap.com/world/GR)
How to reach Paros?
1. Catch a flight (2 or 3 flights per day) for Paros with Olympic Airlines, please see www.olympicairlines.com. Make sure you book in advance as there are only few seats available. Flight duration: about 30 min. One way fare: around 70€.
How to reach the port of Piraeus from Athens airport?
By bus - Calculate around 1 1/2 hrs for the bus trip from the airport to the port of Piraeus. Information available at www.oasa.gr. Catch the Direct express bus "E96" that goes every 20’ from the airport to the port and costs around 3 Euros per ticket - no need for the taxi!
By metro subway train - information available at www.ametro.gr and at www.proastiakos.gr. Please note that you will have need of 2 changes: at Douk. Plakentias & Monastiraki. Duration: 40 to 60mn. Cost: about 6€.
By taxi - taxis from the airport can take an hour to go to Piraeus, depending on traffic and would cost about 30€ with normal day tariff. Please, watch the taxi meter and overcharges.
Should I book our ferry tickets in advance?
It is needed at peak period like Easter and all July & August weekends. Outside these dates, you may buy them at the ticket booth, on port.
How to reach Ambelas and Margarita’s resort?
By your car or by renting a car, (prices variety from 25 Euro & up per day, depending on model and season) or a motorbike (from 10 Euro & up). The advantages are that with a car you’ll be an easy traveller, you don’t have to carry around your heavy luggages. Free to discover the last corners of Paros, to have a comfortable tour, to carry more people (so you can share the cost). The roads on Paros are all pretty good.
We can arrange the rental and a car or a bike should be waiting for you in the port or the airport, so just follow the signs to Ambelas and Margarita Resort.
By taxi: hop on a taxi, next to the port, or to the airport, otherwise we can arrange for you (specially in high season), a pick up service from port or airport.
From and to the Port of Paroikia at the rate of € 18 for two, three or four people, or
From and to the Airport of Paros at the rate of € 30.00 for two, three or four people.
(Plus a tip for the luggage)
Taxi driver will be waiting for you at arrivals with a sign stating your name. In the case of any problems, please contact the hotel directly: 0030 22840 52362
By bus: There are very good, cheap & frequent bus connections all around the island. Buses are waiting on the right of the port. Even during the low season there are busses, almost every hour connecting Paroikia to Naoussa, until about midnight. Paros Bus Station: Tel. +30 22840 21133 Cost: about 1€. Usually there is 4 times daily a bus from Naoussa to Ambelas, otherwise give us a call to 0030 2284052362 and we’ll pick you up from there.